Well done to all the winners of the third SA Listed Tracker Funds Awards (SALTA) held at the Johannesburg Stock Exchange on 11 March 2019. SALTA showcased the best performing ETFs in South Africa for the period ending 29 February 2020, across a variety of criteria. If the awards are not cool enough, in celebration of the SALTA awards winners this past month EasyEquities has decide to make these winners Thrive, affording Thriving clients zero brokerage benefits on all SALTA Winners. To see who the SALTA winners are and which stocks you can now Thrive on see below:
We are changing our 50 Thrive stocks to the 24 Thriving ETFs this Thrive cycle. Made up of the 12 SALTA winning ETFs and 12 international ETFs. Our SALTA winning instruments, make it even easier and now cheaper to invest in the winners and Thrive the Easy way. Our Thrive loyalty programme lets you enjoy the Thrive Brokerage Benefit which equals zero brokerage fees on the Thrive investments. For more info about the EasyEquities Thrive Loyalty programme check it out HERE
To be able to find out more about the individual SALTA winners and,and compare them, have a look at our new ETF platform - EasyETFs. To see who the SALTA winners are and which stocks you can now Thrive on see below:
These awards recognise the leaders in the expanding and flourishing ETF industry for:
- The best total investment returns for 3, 5 and 10 years in various categories.
- The efficiency in tracking the indices which an ETF benchmarks.
- The raising of new and additional capital on the JSE.
- An award for the “favourite ETF” chosen by popular poll
TOTAL RETURN PERFORMANCE
In this award category, the focus is on total return performance.
Performance has been measured for a lump sum investment, on a total return, net asset value basis, with distributions reinvested. There are two periods of assessment – the one-year total return and the three-year total return, all to the end of February 2020.
FOREIGN & COMMODITY - 3 YRS SA EQUITY - 3 YRS SA NON-EQUITY - 3 YRS
FOREIGN & COMMODITY - 5 YRS SA EQUITY - 5 YRS SA NON EQUITY - 5 YEARS
FOREIGN & COMMODITY - 10 YRS SA EQUITY - 10 YRS
In this award category, ability to raise new capital was recognised – either additional capital for existing ETFs, or new capital for the listing of new ETFs. There are three awards – for South African ETFs, for Foreign and Commodity ETFs, and lastly an award for the ETF issuing house that raised the most net new capital in the 12 months to end February 2020.
ISSUE HOUSE - 1 YR FOREIGN &COMMODITY - 1 YR SOUTH AFRICA - 1 YR
ISSUE HOUSE - 3 YRS FOREIGN 7 COMMODITY - 3 YRS SOUTH AFRICA - 3 YRS
Trading efficiency can be measured by the average ratio of the volume of units traded, over the total units in issue.
Foreign & Commodity - 3 YRS SA EQUITY - 3 YRS
This category recognises the efficiency of ETFs to deliver, as close as possible, the performance of their reference index. This is arguably one of the most important metrics by which an index tracker fund should be evaluated. The total return achieved by investing in an ETF over any given period should be as close as possible to the total return of the index over the same period.
The best tracking efficiency measured over three years, in the three asset categories were awarded.
FOREIGN & COMMODITY - 3 YRS SA EQUITY - 3 YRS SA NON - EQUITY 3 YRS
PEOPLES CHOICE ETF - POPULAR VOTE
Winning Issuers and the awards won:
Satrix Managers (Pty) Ltd - Seven
- Total Returns Performance over 10 years – SA Equity ETF: Satrix Capped Indi ETF
- Total Returns Performance over 3 years – SA Equity ETF: Satrix RESI ETF
- Most Capital Raised over 1 year - SA Equity - Satrix Top 40
- Most Capital Raised over 3 years- SA ETFs - Satrix Top 40
- Most Capital Raised over 3 years – top Issuing House: Satrix Managers (RF) (Pty) Ltd.
- Trading Efficiency over 3 years- SA ETFs: Satrix RESI 10 ETF.
- “People’s Choice” Award for the most Popular ETF: Satrix 40 ETF.
Absa Capital (NewFunds) - Six
- Total Returns Performance over 5 years - SA Equity ETFs: NewFunds Equity Momentum ETF
- Total Returns Performance over 5 years – Foreign & Commodity ETF: NewPalladium ETF
- Tracking Efficiency over 3 years – Foreign & Commodity ETF: NewPalladium ETF
- Most Capital Raised Over 3 Year – Foreign & Commodity ETFs: NewPlatinum ETF
- Most Capital Raised Over 1 Year – Foreign & Commodity ETFs: NewPlatinum ETF
- Most Capital Raised over 1 year – top Issuing House: ABSA NewFunds (RF) Pty Ltd
- Total Returns Performance over 5 years - SA Non- Equity ETF: CoreShares PrefTrax.
- Total Returns Performance over 5 years - SA Non- Equity ETF CoreShares Preftrax
- Trading Efficiency over 3 years – Foreign & Commodity ETFs: CoreShares Global Property
1nvest - Two
- Total Returns Performance over 3 years - Foreign & Commodity ETFs: 1nvest Rhodium ETF
- Tracking Efficiency over 3 years –SA Equity ETF: 1nvest Top 40 ETF
Ashburton Investments -One
- Tracking Efficiency over 3 years – SA Non- Equity ETFs : Ashburton Inflation ETF
Sygnia Itrix (RF) (Pty) Ltd - One
- Total Returns Performance over 10 years – SA Equity ETF: Sygnia Itrix MSCI USA Index ETF