In the words of one of South Africa’s biggest exports, Trevor Noah,” That’s it! We’re going to Australia!”
Don’t worry, EasyHQ and our teammates are not moving down under, we’re simply giving you the opportunity to invest in shares listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). As someone who has had a taste of the offshore investment life, we're giving you a heads-up about our launch into Australian territory in the next few days!
Here’s a bit of meat about ASX for the uninitiated: the ASX is among the youngest exchanges in the world, having been founded in 1987. It’s younger than the average user on our platform! Still, in a short space of time, its market capitalisation now sits at $1.3 trillion to date - that’s twice the size of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange!
We're giving you the chance to activate your EasyEquities AUD account and transfer funds in time for the launch! As the Australian trading currency is currently in early access, your orders will not execute until launch.
In the meantime, here’s how you activate and fund the account:
- Once logged in, select the red avatar button on the top right-hand side of your account.
- On the dropdown menu, select ‘Activate Account Types’
- You will be presented with the option to activate different accounts across different currencies, then select the Australian accounts you wish to activate.
- Depositing funds into your EasyEquities AUD is the same way as always. You can use EasyFX to transfer funds from your EasyEquities ZAR account into your EasyEquities AUD account.
- Investing in Australian stocks is simple AS-X.
We’ve got some insights for you and our community on Australian listed shares via our Research Portal. Simply click the button down under to learn more!